HVAC units, just like anything else, have a lifespan to function at an optimal level. Once the unit starts to malfunction, it is time to decide whether to repair it or replace it depending on its condition. Here’s how to know when to replace the HVAC unit.
- The unit is older than ten years. If the unit (either the heat pump or the air conditioner) is older than ten years, the efficiency of the HVAC is in serious doubt. It can be a leading cause of massive electricity bills. Such units can consume up to 20% more energy than the modern units. So, it is wiser to switch for a new HVAC with energy star label.
- The furnace is older than 15 years. Again, if the furnace is older than 15 years, it might be consuming up to 15% more energy than the modern units. In that case, it will cause a huge impact on the electricity bill. It is better to switch for an Energy Star furnace that consumes less power and delivers more efficiency.
- The energy bills are significantly higher for the household. Older, inefficient HVAC units consume remarkably more energy and perform poorly compared to the new ones. If a particular household’s energy bill is too high, and still runs on decades older HVAC units, it might be the time to think of a replacement.
- Equipment breaks down regularly. If the equipment breaks down frequently, it might be a serious annoyance for the residents. This situation should be addressed with a replacement for a trouble-free, comfortable and convenient life.
- Some rooms are either too hot or too cold. When an HVAC system malfunctions, it will either work excessively or moderately. Issues related to duct, insulation or equipment installation might be the reasons. Such matters can be adequately addressed with a new HVAC installation.
- Non programmable devices. It is important to install a programmable HVAC unit in order to save energy and assure maximum convenience. Home automation that includes the heating and cooling system can monitor the home and maintain the proper temperature when people and in and out of the house. Programmable thermostats save a lot of energy.
Apart from that, if the unit has a very noisy operation, the residents experience humidity imbalance within the house or excessive dust clogs inside the house it might be the time for a HVAC replacement.
Contact Good Deals Heating and Cooling for all your HVAC needs. Call 215-947-1166.